Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Anna's Meatloaf Soup

Hey everyone,

I'm linking up with Cami, here for another Tasty Tuesday. You should join in the fun. :) Last week, I made a tasty meatloaf and had plans to make a soup. Since there are only two of us, and a good bit of leftovers I decided to try something new.

Here's the meatloaf recipe:

1 env. Lipton onion soup mix
1 1/2 lb. meatloaf mixture, ground beef and ground pork (I use ground turkey)
1 c. soft bread crumbs
1 egg
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. ketchup

***I also added a few dashes of Worcestershire sauce...love that stuff!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl combine all ingredients. In large shallow baking pan, shape into loaf. Bake 1 hour.

So once you have your meatloaf, you are ready to make my soup!


What you will need:

1 can of vegetable broth

1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I get mine from Trader Joe's)

whatever veggies you have on hand (I used canned potatoes, carrots, corn, and peas. Also had some leftover frozen lima beans.)

I added more Worcestershire sauce

1 cup of french fried onions

and whatever spices you enjoy!

I cooked this all in a dutch oven for a few hours (on high) along with the meatloaf. Be sure to let the soup cool and enjoy! :)

<3 Anna

1 comment:

  1. That sounds really yummy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. You are always so kind.

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!