Thursday, October 20, 2011

21 Day Organizing Challenge: Days 3 and 4

Hello all,




It's time for another squeaky clean update on my progress with the 21 Day Organizing Challenge! :) I hope the progress I've made will inspire others to take charge of their homes and form habits that will stick. Today I will be sharing with you days 3 and 4.

Day 3 Tupperware Cabinet Friday, October 14, 2011

I was very eager about this challenge. I absolutely loathe my (once) messy Tupperware cabinets. I began by removing all of the lids and containers. I then wiped down the cabinets with my all-purpose cleaner. Next, I sifted through all of the lids and containers. I made sure that each container had a mate and got rid of the others. I then grabbed two of the containers, (I purchased last week) and put lids in one and containers in the other. I will have to get another container for my pot lids. I dropped the ball on that one, oh well!

Before:



As you can see, I had really let this area go. This is easy to do, when you don't have an organizational system in place.

After:


These are the lids that I will need to get a container for.



It's amazing what two little baskets can do!

Day 4 Linen Closet Monday, October 17, 2011

This was another challenge I looked forward to. My linen closet had become a place for just about anything...including my crafting materials. :/ I started as usual, by removing everything from the closet. I then wiped down the shelves and got to work getting rid of any trash and adding more to my donation box. I was very serious about getting rid of any excess clutter. I think the people at Goodwill will have a big grin on their faces or they will be unhappy because they will have to go through all of my "junk" ;)

Before:


What a mess?!

After:


Much better! I consider this still a work-in-progress. I currently have most of our linens in one of our bedroom bureaus. Once I finish the dresser/closet purging, they will be up top.

Until next time!

"Please don't feed the dust bunnies." ~Author Unknown

<3 Anna

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are kicking my butt into gear, girl! My kitchen needs some serious organizing!
    And when you figure out a way to organize your craft stuff...let me know! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!