Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays: Chicken Salad

Hey everyone,

Today I'm introducing a new blog theme, each Tuesday (that I have one or choose to), I'll post a new recipe, that I either found/created/revamped. I thought this would be a fun way to share recipes and learn recipes from my readers.

Today's recipe comes from, my new Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. If you don't have this cookbook, I suggest you hit up Amazon. This book not only contains various recipes, but it also includes tips on canning, freezing, tips on kitchen appliances, and much more!


(Sorry, I forgot to get a pic of the sandwiches...they disappeared quickly! ;)

I have had a the hardest time finding a good chicken salad recipe. My search ended with this recipe!

Chicken Salad

prep time 20 mins

Chill 1 to 4 hours

Makes 4 main dish servings

Ingredients:

8 oz. chopped cooked chicken or turkey (2 cups) We used chicken.

1/2 cup chopped celery (1 stalk)

1/4 cup sliced green onions (we are not fans of onions, so this is optional)

1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise

1 teaspoon snipped fresh basil or 1/4 tsp. dried basil, crushed

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (optional)

Bread slices or mixed salad greens (optional)

3/4 cup seedless grapes

1/2 cup pecans (the recipe called for walnuts)

In a medium bowl combine chicken, celery, and green onions. For dressing, in a small bowl stir together mayo, basil, salt, and lemon peel (if desired). Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 to 4 hours. If desired, serve on bread or over salad greens.

We made Chicken Salad sandwiches and they were delicious! I was very pleased with this find and the search for a good Chicken Salad recipe to end.

Do any of you have a meal or food that you are searching for a good recipe for?

<3 Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!