Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I have no idea....seriously! (because it's my favorite word)

So I'm still trying to figure out what I should do with my life. One thing I've noticed is that I always go back to History and Writing. I've been doing a little research today, and have been pleasantly surprised at how these two subjects work together. I know that sounds kinda dumb, but seriously...it's a perfect union. John is always encouraging me to do the things I love, he even said that if this is my dream, he would support me whole heartedly.

So why am I so afraid? Why do I deny myself the things I enjoy? I think part of this is because I feel that my views in life are socially unacceptable. I know...who cares?! Unfortunately, despite my strong feelings to push that negativity away, it's a constant battle. I also have a strong fear of failure. I fail ALOT. (You're also human;) The funny thing is my crazy desires for perfection and organization, would probably be well met in the field of history and preservation.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

<3 Anna

3 comments:

  1. Just found this...hope it helps :)

    http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/2007/11/23-places-to-find-freelance-writing-jobs-and-freelance-blogging-jobs/

    Other than this, I think your best bet is to become a history teacher! Have you ever thought about teaching? Personally, I sooooo couldn't do it but I hear it rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link. I bookmarked and will definitely check those sites out.

    I have thought about teaching, I'm not sure it's for me. I've been researching and there are a lot of career options in history though. I'm taking my time researching and wanting to think this through before jumping into anything. If I return to school, I want to actually like what I'm studying and it not turn into social work all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is that EVERYONE seems to say you can't help but succeed if you do something you love. Go for it! Not sure exactly what, because history is probably my least fave thing ever, lol...but follow your dreams!

    ramona
    http://bubbiandboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!