Monday, August 12, 2013

Blog Challenge: Day 3 (Favorite Quote)

Hey everyone!

I hope you all are having a good day. I know Monday's can be tough, but I hope you find something today that will brighten it and make it a little less blah. :)

So today's challenge was to share my favorite quote. This is kinda tough because I have a pinboard filled with pins that I could choose from, but I decided to choose something that is relevant to my life right now.

(Sharing from neurolove.me) 

This quote is relevant because as the years go by it seems to get easier to know what role a person plays.

For example, I have a great, dear friend (who I'm pretty sure is a genius, though he would deny that.) He is someone that tests me, but in a completely and totally positive way. I also have other people in my life that test me. They test my patience, they stretch me thin, they drive me crazy. We won't get into the whys of all of that.

Ahh...the users. Boy, do I know these people well!? The type that only contact you when they have a problem. The type that can't be happy for your good fortune, but you best be jumping with your hands in the air when they have a personal victory. These people are beyond exhausting. They are what I call emotional vampires. I am learning to pick these people out of a crowd and stay away from them.

I am so blessed to have family that truly loves me and a handful of true friends. There are people out there that I know if I were in a bind they wouldn't hesitate to do whatever they could to help. I know that not everyone can say that and that is why I say it is truly a blessing and honor.

I have had many seasonal friends that have taught me a lot. They were not meant to stick around and that was tough to swallow, but they still were able to teach me something and help me grow as a person. For all of those people in my life, I'm glad you were there for the time that you were. For those who have stuck around, thank you for continuing to be a great source of encouragement in my life.

As for the most important of these, and you know who you are. Thank you most of all. A real friend as the quote says, brings out the best in you. They want what's best for you. They are happy for you when they hear that you have good news. They don't get jealous (okay, maybe they do a little bit. We are all human, but they don't discount or try to play down your happy news.) They want to celebrate with you. They cry when you cry. They laugh with you. They are there for you through it all. They are honest and open and REAL.As I grow older, I become more and more aware of who my REAL friends are. I am so very thankful for them. They shine bright and they allow me to shine my brightest. Thank you.


 What do you think of this quote? What is your favorite quote?

<3 anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!