Yep, you read that right. Declan is 8 months old. (I'm a little late with this post, but excited, nonetheless!)
You are such a blessing to us. We love you more and more each day. We continue to marvel at your progress and just love seeing your personality come out more and more!
|He fell asleep watching a movie with mama and dada.|
|Mr. Turtle, he is such a silly boy!|
|Love this sweet, but mischievous-looking grin.|
Here's a video of Sophie and Declan playing together. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nwzqYAEgsyQ
- Crawling! You love getting into everything and I mean everything!
- Cruising and Standing! You are standing independently longer and longer each time. You will be walking in no time!
- Elephants---on one of our recent Target runs, you just had to have a little blue stuffed elephant. Lucky for us, you are a bargain hunter like your mama and it was only $5! ;)
- Music---You will stop everything when the theme music for most shows comes on. Good examples of this would be: The Office, Bobby's World, and The Amazing Spiderman animated series. You love music and enjoy just sitting and listening.
- Spending time with mommy and daddy. You love for us all to be together.
- Food, you love to eat!
- Snuggles with mommy and daddy.
- Playing with Sophie.
- Playing with mommy and daddy.
- Playing with everything, but your toys.
- Blowing spit bubbles.
- Playing peek-a-boo
- Diaper/clothing changes. (Some days are better than others!)
- Having things taken away.
- You have started showing signs of separation anxiety more. :(
- Loud noises
- You HATE bath time. We had a power outage that made that worse. Dada was just about to put you in the tub and the lights went out. It was quite a surprise. You cried and peed all over him! lol. A night we will never forget. It seems to have made you dislike the tub even more. :(
- Being told no.
- Your coordination and balance is getting much better. You are standing independently longer. You really enjoy holding mommy's hands and walking. We are sure you will be walking soon!
- You love to eat. You even swiped a piece of baked okra from mommy's plate last night! It seems you want to eat more foods and faster than your teeth want to come in! :/
- As I said, you are still teething and those teeth are still hiding!
- No new words...but you are saying mama and dada more often! :)
We are so thrilled to be your parents. You bring such joy to our lives. We love you so much!
Mama and Dada