Monday, January 14, 2013

Rainy Day Recipe

Hey guys,

It's another rainy day here, so I thought I would share a great comfort food recipe.

One thing you must understand about me is that I'm not a big chili person. I'm not a fan of beans ( with the exception of green) but I'm working on eating them because I know they are good for me and I will want D to at least try them in the future, fat chance if mommy acts like they are gross.

I could go into a deep rant about why I hate beans and the psychological ramifications of forcing a child to eat something they hate even though you told your "dad"repeatedly that you hated them. But that's a story for another day. :)

So I for some unexplainable reason got a hankering for chili and had everything on hand. I was excited at the prospect of whipping up my own, so here's my first attempt. It was tasty, my only fail...forgot to get pictures. :(

Anna's Newbie Chili

You will need:

1 lb ground hamburger or turkey

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can chili beans

A dash of cinnamon

A dash of salt and pepper

Ketchup (to taste)

Mustard ( to taste)

Worcestshire sauce ( to taste)

Sprinkle in garlic powder, chopped onion (fresh or dry, we used dry), cayenne pepper, and Texas Pete sauce to taste

2 cups of water

Chili powder

Brown meat and add generous amount if chili powder, diced tomatoes, chili beans and water. Put on high heat and add spices and other ingredients to taste.
Reduce heat and let flavors mesh together.

Serve with shredded cheddar, tortilla chips, crackers, or bread. You can also add a dollop of sour cream. :)

Enjoy!

<3 Anna

1 comment:

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!