Sunday, November 25, 2012

Monday Musings: Reflections pt. 2

I HATE being that girl. You know the one. The one that is super insecure. The one that hates her reflection, inside and out. I've been that girl for a long time. She's not pretty. She can be quite a downer. I've been running from this girl for about two years now. She keeps sucking me back in with her negativity and her dark yet intoxicating wit. She lures me in with a single thought. "Hey fatty you know you shouldn't be eating that." or "You are so dumb, if you were smart you would have known the answer." It only takes one negative thought and then the snowball starts. And then before I know it, I'm in sweatpants eating ice cream or whatever horribly bad for you thing I can find.



 Well enough is enough! This chick has got to go. I'm saying goodbye. I know she will always be there---I'm not foolish enough to think that she will go willingly. (She is after all a part of me and I'm pretty infamous for my stubbornness.) But she doesn't live here any more. This is a darkness that I've been trying to shake for awhile now. I could go into all the whys and such, if you know me, you probably know the answers to those questions. I've come too far, to sit in the mud and rehash it all. It's time to dust myself off and move forward.



I even have a pin board dedicated to this idea. If you need a little inspiration today, you should check it out.
I am so excited about this new leaf and despite the pin board's name, I'm already implementing ideas.

Do any of you struggle with negative self-talk? How do you deal with it?

Be sure to stay tuned for more in my Reflections series! You can check out part 1 here!

<3 anna

4 comments:

  1. It's absolutely an ongoing struggle more me as well. I suppose as mamas we by definition spend a bit more time in our own head space sorting through the things we've collected there and trying to figure out what are things of worth, worthy of passing on to our children and keeping as a part of our own little family, I think I too often forget to "take out the trash" and dump the bits that no longer belong. Thanks for the reminder. I do believe it is trash day somewhere and I've got my fair share to take to the curb. Wonderful, simple, perfect post. Thank you.

    Aloha,

    Stopping by this sweet Monday to meet a new friend and follow along on your adventures. If you're up for a bit of a ride, we're riding the wave of life at Local Sugar Hawaii and I would love, love, love it if you'd join me for the fun.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on Crazy Mama Blog hop. Glad I stopped by. I could have written this post myself. Some days are better then others. On days when I'm feeling really down on myself I find distractions help. Can't think negative thoughts when there's no time to think

    ~MystikaFaith (www.MonstersGoneWild.ca)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe. Well I THINK YOU ARE GORGEOUS - INSIDE AND OUT. Don't ever forget that :)

    I love your pin board - what an amazing idea! <3

    I love your new layout and the header pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can unfortunately relate. I also agree with Cami...you are gorgeous inside and out. I think that we need to remind each other of this periodically. I love you, Anna! And I cannot wait to hug you again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!