Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pregnancy Highlights

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 weeks!



Size of baby: 
your baby's the size of an avocado!

Now, she's about 4.6 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces, and she's big enough that your doctor may be able to hear her heartbeat. (I’m a little confused on this detail because we’ve been able to hear the heart beat for several weeks now.)

·         Baby Development This Week: 
  • She's listening to your voice, thanks to tiny bones forming in her ears.
  • She's growing hair, lashes and eyebrows.
  • And she's forming taste buds.

Maternity Clothes: Still in regular clothes and using belly band for jeans.

Gender: Unknown

Movement: Around midnight, I felt the baby kick for the first time! I can't put it into words how amazing that was.

Sleep: I've been pretty tired this week, but that may be because John switched shifts this month.

What I miss: I miss coffee and my occasional glass of wine.
                                            
Cravings: I did have a craving for a vanilla ice cream cone the other day. It was a pretty big deal, because this baby doesn’t really like sweets. Mac and cheese

Symptoms: Headaches (most likely due to allergies, but could be pregnancy related) and heartburn (which I'm also used to because I had that before I was pregnant)

Best Moment this week: John trying to feel the baby and us talking about what our baby might be like.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO FUN that you heard the baby kick. And so special that you and John were talking about what s/he will be like :) Aww!!
    Maybe you were craving the ice cream..not the baby ;)

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!