How Far Along: 12 weeks!
your baby's the size of a plum!
Size of baby: The average fetus at 12 weeks is about 2.1 inches long and .49 ounces.
· Baby Development This Week:
- Most of her critical systems are fully formed!
- She's about to enter the growth and maturation stage, in which her organs and tissues will grow and develop rapidly.
- She's now developing her reflexes -- if you poke her body, she'll likely move.
- She's opening and closing her fingers and curling her toes, too.
- Her brain is developing fast!
Maternity Clothes: I ordered a few things last week. I got some maternity underwear which are big on me, but the most comfortable things ever! I also got a belly band and tried it out this week. It was interesting. I also found out it was very helpful last night, when I was having a back ache.
Movement: I think last night when I was having a back ache that the baby may have been adjusting his/her position. No kicks yet!
Sleep: Sleep is still amazing! :)
What I miss: I miss the smell and taste of coffee. (Before it made me sick) L
Cravings: Cool Ranch Doritos, a Snickers bar, Cheerwine, and Oven Roasted Chicken subs from Subway (Over a few days and they only lasted the day of. Except for the sub)
Symptoms: nausea, back ache, leg cramps
Best Moment this week: It isn’t really a moment, but I’m so thankful for my husband. He has been so thoughtful and wonderful through everything so far and I know he will continue to be my rock.
*** Be sure to check back next week for week 13! :)