Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Back-to-School Apple Cake

Hey everyone,

It's time for another Tasty Tuesday and I'm linking up with Cami over at http://www.firstdayofmylife.org/. :) Today's recipe comes from Gooseberry Patch Fall Favorites with Sun Maid Raisins and Dried Fruit. (This is a small cookbook I requested and was sent through the mail...yay! for free stuff!)


You will need:

3 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/2 c. raisins
1 c. chopped walnuts (I didn't have walnuts so I didn't use anything...but I'm sure you could substitute if you like)
1 c. oil
3 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
3 c. Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and diced

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, spices, raisins, and walnuts in a large bowl; mix well. Form well in the center; add oil, eggs, vanilla, and apples. Stir until combined; spoon batter into greased Bundt pan (I used a loaf dish) Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center tests clean. Cool and serves 12.

This cake was pretty good, John enjoyed it more than I did. ;) It's a perfect way to use up apples given from family or from apple picking. Enjoy!

<3 Anna

2 comments:

  1. Uhm. Anna. I LOVE YOU. I didn't even have time to post a Tasty Tuesday and you did it anyway.

    This sounds completely delicious...YUM!!!!

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds sooooo good and perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!