Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book Worms Unite! ;)

Hey everyone,

I saw this neat survey on Oh Mandie"s blog and thought it would be fun to share my answers! :) Oh and you should definitely pop on over to her page! http://thisoldhenhouse.blogspot.com


1. Favorite book - This is a tough choice, I'd have to say one of my favorites would be Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. It was one of my mom's favorites and something about it drew me in as well.

2. Least favorite book - Twilight-Stephenie Meyer I tried to get into this book, but couldn't get past the first few chapters.

3. Book that makes you laugh out loud - I couldn't think of anything else---so you will notice a pattern. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- Ann Brashares. There are so many funny and memorable moments!

4. Book that makes you cry - The Uncommon Woman by Susie Larson, It's very inspirational and has very touching and though provoking examples.

5. Book you wish you could live in - The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett - This was my favorite book when I was a little girl. I used to dream about having a garden full of flowers and a swing just like the one in the book. (I'm keeping this answer, I felt the same way!)

6. Favorite young adult book - The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants- Ann Brashares I pre-ordered the final book and got it today! :)

7. Book that you can quote/recite - Same as 6

8. Book that scares you - I really love Erica Spindler and Mary Higgins Clarke: Two good examples, The Copycat Killer and Moonlight Becomes You. (Both have creepy killers)

9. Book that makes you sick - Laci: Inside the Laci Peterson Murder. This story is so sad and happens far too often.

10. Book that changed your life - The Confident Woman- Joyce Meyer This book is very encouraging and has helped me to be a more positive person.

11. Book from your favorite author - I don't really think I have a favorite author. I like to dive into various genres. Right now I really enjoy reading books by: Jodi Picoult, Erica Spindler, Joanne Fluke, and anything that looks interesting. ;)

12. Book that is most like your life - Emily Ever After- Anne Dayton This book is about a young woman finding her place in a big world. That's me. ;)

13. Book whose main character is most like you - Vision in White-Nora Roberts, Mackensie Elliot---I can relate to this character in many ways. She struggles with trust issues, can be very emotional, would do anything for her friends, etc.

14. Book whose main character you want to marry - Hmmm...not sure.

15. First "chapter book" you remember reading as a child - Pony Pals- Jeanne Betancourt and The Babysitter's Little Sister's books. I have fond memories of reading these!

16. Longest book you've read - Probably one of the Classics, like A Tale of Two Cities are something of that nature.

17. Shortest book you've read - Probably the Little Golden books. ;)

18. Book you're most embarrassed to say you like - The Pretty Little Liars series, it's like crack...lol

19. Book that turned you on - This question freaks me out...lol. (Probably one of the trashy Nora Robert's books I read when I went through my romance phase)

20. Book you've read the most number of times - Number the Stars-Lois Lowry, I remember really loving this story and reading it over and over.

21. Favorite picture book from childhood - The Shy Little Kitten---Little Golden Book

22. Book you plan to read next - Sisterhood Everlasting-Ann Brashares

23. Book you tell people you've read, but haven't (or haven't actually finished) - Uncommon Woman-Susie Larson, I'm already recommending it, even though I have two chapters left to read.

24. Book that contains your favorite scene - Redeeming Love- Francine Rivers, The scene where she returns to Hosea...oh wow!

25. Favorite book you read in school - The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald...The Roaring 20's...enough said!

26. Favorite nonfiction book - Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit: A Son Remembers- Sean Hepburn Ferrer I love Audrey Hepburn and this was a fun read! :)

27. Favorite fiction book - Since I have a hard time choosing favorites, here's a random one. I was a big Fear Street-R.L. Stine fan! :)

28. Last book you read - Blueberry Muffin Murder- Joanne Fluke This book combines my love of mystery and baking!

29. Book you're currently reading - My Sister's Keeper- Jodi Picoult I'm enjoying it so far, love getting to see the varying perspectives!

30. Favorite coffee table book - A Dog's Life (It has quotes about dogs in it) and Ice Cream for Breakfast- Leslie Levine

31. Favorite adventure book - The Princess Bride- William Goldman, I love this book and movie so much! It's such a great story!

<3 Anna

1 comment:

  1. I loved Great Gatsby in high school as well...in fact, if I was to make a list it would look a lot like yours! :)

    be blessed,
    melody

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!