Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pretty Little Liars Review

Hey everyone!

I’ve decided to start my review of the Pretty Little Liars series. There are a total of 8 books, so I will review one book each week until I have reviewed them all.

*** Please note I do not watch the tv series and do not know much about it. I have heard the books and tv series are different.***


The first book in the series is called “Pretty Little Liars.” This book introduces the girls and gives a little of the back story of their friendship with the former queen bee, Alison DiLaurentis. The girls are not sure why Alison chooses them to be her new best friends, but they enjoy every minute of it....that is until the night of their seventh grade sleepover. Spencer (one of the girls) gets into an argument with Alison. Alison leaves followed by Spencer, only Alison never returns. So what happened to Alison? The search begins, but to no avail.

Years pass and the girls lose touch. Aria moves to Iceland, shedding her awkward seventh grade self. She is now looked at as a sophisticated artsy type. Emily is a champion swimmer. Spencer is a dedicated straight A student and has a good chance of becoming valedictorian. Hanna is now the most popular girl in school.

The girls look as if they have the ideal lives. In the town of Rosewood, looks can be deceiving. The girls start getting texts from a mysterious person who signs off simply as A. Is this person Alison? Whoever this person is they know an awful lot about each of the girls. The girls begin to reconnect as they realize they are all getting these blackmailing texts. What will the girls do? How can they keep their secrets safe? Find out in the first book;)

This book was wonderful. It instantly drew me in. I don’t know if it’s because of the similarities to Mean Girls or what, but I can say this…Alison DiLaurentis is much meaner than Regina George. I also love a good mystery---The book starts you out with 2 questions: What happened to Alison? And Who is A?

I highly recommend this series and look forward to reviewing each book. I’m not getting paid to say any of this. These are just my thoughts and opinions.

Question 5: What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?

I wish that people were more compassionate and understanding of the people around them. A horrible tragedy happened in our community yesterday, the newspaper had the article up online. This was fine, but they enabled comments. This allowed people to say how they felt about what happened. At first the comments were about praying for the families involved, things of that nature. Then people started arguing over petty details. It made me feel very sad.

<3 Anna

5 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of the TV series but the book does have an interesting storyline. I can totally see how it would make a great movie too.
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story line is almost identical to the TV series. I love the show. Watch every week. I think I am going to go out and buy these books now;) Thanks for following Mommy Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower! Thanks for your comment today. Hope you had success at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book series sounds like it's filled with a whole lotta trauma-drama! *whew* I had too much of that when I was IN school and not sure if I care to go back! I'm glad you get a kick out of it, though :) We all have our niche!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Daphne: Thanks :)

    @ Angela: I want to watch the tv series, but I only have netflix, so I'm waiting for the first season to come out on dvd. I think you will enjoy the books. :)

    @ Jodi: Thanks for the folllow. I did! ;) I'm going to post some of my finds today.

    @ Ms. Blase: I understand, it's not everyone's cup of tea, thanks for comeenting though;)

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!