Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Flawless Review

Hey everyone!

It's that time again, time to review book 2 in the Pretty Little Liars series. ***Just a warning if you wish to read the books, and/or haven't read the first and second books, you may want to stop reading from here on. This may contain spoilers.***


The first book leaves us with the four friends discovering that -A (the evil blackmailer) can't be Alison, their long lost friend because Alison's body is discovered buried outside her home. The girls get one last taunting text before the book ends. This leaves all readers wondering...who is -A? Why is he/she doing this?

Flawless picks up right where Pretty Little Liars leaves off. The girls continue to receive texts, but now the girls have a new suspect. Toby Cavanaugh. The girls suspect Toby because of an incident that happened with his sister, Jenna. The girls refer to this as "The Jenna Thing." He was the only other person besides the girls involved.

In this book, each girl has a specific secret(s) that she wishes to not be revealed. Emily is unsure about her feelings for her new best friend Maya. She also struggles with feelings of guilt over Alison. Spencer finds herself constantly flirting with temptation and her sister's boyfriends. Aria is keeping a secret that could destroy her family as well as a secret love. Hanna is excited that her dad is back in her life, but she soon realizes that it's not what it seems.

Throughout this book, the girls heavily suspect Toby and are eager to find an end to the madness. Just when the girls think they have -A all figured out, they find Toby's body.(He had committed suicide) Emily and Toby had attended a social event together. They have a misunderstanding and Emily suspects that Toby is -A. Toby tries very hard to explain to Emily his secret. The girls later learn that Toby abused his sister, Jenna. Alison found out about this and so she promised to keep this secret for him. If he would return the favor for her. This is why he killed himself, he thought that Emily had stumbled upon his secret. The book ends with the girls right back where they started and still not knowing who -A is.

This book was just as engrossing as the first. The characters are developing more and you feel like you are better understanding of why they do the things they do. You want very badly for the girls to see some peace, but then that would end us with two books. (Honestly, there is so much more to come, that I don't think you could do the series justice with two books) This book added to my curiosity of Alison. It makes you want to know more about who she was and why the girls were so hypnotized by her...? I also felt especially sorry for Toby. It seemed that through his whole life, no one really understood him. When he dies it also, gives you the eerie feeling that this is far from over for the girls and what horrors are in store for them next?!

Well that's all for this week. Stay tuned! I'll be reviewing book 3, Perfect next Wednesday. :)

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

I'd like to say that I'm more worried about doing the right things, but I also realize that I struggle with being a perfectionist. I do realize that being perfect is impossible and doing things the best of my ability is far better an accomplishment. I hope that I can continue to realize that I do make mistakes, but also I can learn from those mistakes. This can help me to be a better person and push my focus to doing what is right.

<3 Anna

5 comments:

  1. I didn't read the post because I want to read the books... although I do watch the series!! Hubby makes fun of me because it is a teeny bopper series : ) But what can I say I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The books are very addictive. I'm waiting for the first season to come to netflix. So I can watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Ana, followed you back from Midweek Mingle blog hop....

    nice blog you have and interesting posts as well...see you around :-) the blogsphere

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! just finally getting around to thank you for the follow...and return the gesture! I hope to visit again soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both for the follows. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!