Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Daring Girls Series: Pressing Flowers

Hey all!

I hope you all have returned because you are enjoying my Daring Girls series. If you are new to the series, no worries! This is the perfect read for you. You don't have to read the first post to understand this one. ;)



Today's topic may not be very exciting to some, but it's a nice topic to have knowledge on and what girl doesn't like flowers?! I know I love'em! :) I also love how DG words this project "mixing daintiness with power tools." Awesome! Gotta love girl power! :)

The book gives instructions on the tools needed to make a flower press.

The design is very similar to this one from this site.

If you do not have the time, energy, power tools, or are a true purest...

You may be more interested in these ideas:

  • Sticking your flowers under a pile of heavy books. I'm sure many of you are familiar with this one.
  • Another method they mention, which sounds just like me is sticking a flower in a book and finding it years later. Can anyone else relate?

Also a more modern idea, the book suggests, (which will dry, but not press the flowers) is placing the flowers in the microwave on a very low setting for three minutes.

What do you think of pressing flowers? Which method would you use?

Have a daring day! Be sure to return next Tuesday!

<3 anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!