Friday, May 10, 2013

Because we all have those days...

Hey guys,

Yesterday was one of those days that I completely lost it. My eyes filled with tears more times that I can count and it just flowed. I would like to say that these tears were for some amazing milestone that Declan had reached or being happy for a dear friend. I can't say that though. Unfortunately, these were sad tears. These were the tears of an overwhelmed mommy. I could go through all the things that are on my to-do list and rehash all of that, but I won't. I think I've cried enough for one day. So why am I telling you all this?

Well the reason is pretty simple. I can't be the only mommy out there that has had a knock out-drag-it-all-out-of-you kind of day. I can't be the only mommy that had that epiphany moment in all the tears. The one that tells you. "Hey, you, yes, you. You have gotten your priorities out of whack again. You need to come back to me. You need my peace. The only peace that I can give." And in that little whisper, my heart is back in check. My heart also hurts. Why is it so easy to get distracted with all the stuff? Why is it so easy for my demons to haunt me? (Comparing myself to other people, wishing and wanting for things that aren't mine, etc.) And then again, I'm thankful that all of this stuff that I feel messes me up. God patiently understands and is willing to see past. I'm so grateful for that even though I don't always show it.

So for all the mommy's out there that have had a rough day/ rough week. I hear you. I can sympathize. Please don't do what I do and beat yourself emotionally. Please do something that you know will help. Take a moment even if that is all you have and breathe. This bad day/week will pass. You will get through it. You may even look back and laugh on all the things that you thought were "so important!" Give yourself credit for the good you have done and allow yourself to be open to whatever God has planned for you. What He has for you is so much more important than all of this other stuff.

Big hugs to all of you,

Anna

http://christianmommyblogger.com

5 comments:

  1. Everyone has bad days/weeks/months... Even us non-child bearing people! But keep your head held high and take a nice deep breath... You'll get thru this :) you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Kristine. I'm sorry if I offended any of my readers who are not parents. I felt the need to do a post specifically for mamas. It might be because of Mothers Day being near or maybe it was just something I felt needed to be addressed and stressed to moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEAVY sigh. WHAT a week it was. But now I actually get to have a 'normal' weekend off with my husband, and with it I just want to relax and start over!!
    Here is to wishing us BOTH a better week next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful and encouraging post! Yes, I'm sure a lot of Mamas have felt like this many times; I know I have! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm following back. Glad you stopped over and we could connect. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!