Thursday, September 20, 2012

Guest Blogger, Thankful Thursday


Hey guys!

Today Sarah from Gentle Recovery will be sharing with us. Sarah is an amazing author and blogger and uses her blog to truly inspire others daily.  I hope that you will enjoy what she is sharing with us today and be sure to check out her blog and show her some love. :)

Linking with Cami at  Thankful Thursday

"Anne Lamott’s priest friend Tom, how to get through:
"Left foot, right foot, left foot, breathe," he said. "Right foot, left foot, right foot, breathe." 


We drove to the beach the other day. I was behind the wheel. My family knows.....I get confused with my left  and right. When they told me to turn left.....I started to go right. They finally just said, 'turn your side....or ours....'

I might not know my left from my right.....but one thing I do know now....when things get mucky and crazy.....to just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward. I'm grateful for all the awesome things I've been taught that helps me live my best life. Things like.....

-Nature....it's a power that takes me from the yuck to the awesome. Love the smells, sights and feel of freedom I get being out on the mountains or in in the woods or at the lake.
-Writing...to sit quiet with pen and paper or keyboard and tap out what's in my heart helps release the angst and restores peace. Weird how wonderfully that happens
-Best friend. She's there for me through all the ups and downs... listening...encouraging...supporting and reminding me 'this too shall pass.' I do the same for her and can't imagine my life without her a part of it. 
-Playing with the kids. Shooting a frisbee, playing badminton or hopscotch or ball or chalking up the driveway and road.... laughing...being goofy and frivolous...the absolute best to get me out of my head. 
-Faith.....that's the ultimate best. One whisper to Him...my heart changes from sad to glad in seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Anna....glad to post this for you while you're having one of the best moments ever....preparing to birth that little one. Tons of hugs to you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. I love that she guest posted a TT - Sarah is a sweeeetheart!!!
    Hope you had a great weekend! <3 Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!