In honor of my 26 year, I have decided to share some things that I have learned and am still learning. I hope you enjoy!
(In no particular order)
26. "To everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven." Eccl. 3:1
Life is definitely full of seasons and those seasons bring joy and pain. It's how you react to the seasons that help develop the person you become. Do you swing with the punches or do you cower in defeat? Definite food for thought. :) Another quote from my recent devotion on Eccl. "Be careful not to get too attached to people, places, positions, or things, but always be free to move with the Spirit." This is so true and I have found that I was guilty of this in the past. I'm definitely learning to listen and go with God.
25. I don't know if this is an actual Will Smith quote, but it is so true!
I've been there. I've been so angry and frustrated with hurt feelings from people I thought loved me, it did consume me for awhile. I didn't like that person that I had become. Thankfully, each day I'm coming out of that and closer and closer to the good parts of who I used to be.
24. I can finally say I'm the most comfortable in my skin that I've ever been. I'm truly learning to love the person that I'm becoming. :)
23. I hate when people judge me. So it's been a goal this year to not judge others too harshly. (This might get a chuckle from some because I didn't say that I didn't judge others...but I have to be honest, I'm only human...lol.)
22. Forever friends are few and far between. Just as I've already said there is a season for everything, friends work that way too. Some friends are only mean to hang around for a season, they touch our lives and then are gone. This doesn't mean they were a bad friend, but that part of your life has ended. I'm so thankful for the varied friendships in my life. I'm also especially thankful for my forever friends. :)
21. Life isn't worth living when you don't pursue your passions. Find what truly makes you happy. I'm enjoying the journey with this one. It's been fun learning what I'm passionate about and exploring new hobbies.
20. Going with the flow and being flexible makes for a simpler and happier life.
19. Prayer is so important. Worrying solves nothing and just makes you sick. :(
18. Jealousy is ugly. "Keeping up with the Jones'" isn't important and causes worry and feelings of inferiority. Oh and if you don't have much money, I'm sure you'll go broke too.
17. I'll always miss the 90's. Now I understand why adults talk about the tv shows and music of their generation being the best.
16. What you put into your body is vital. (mentally, physically, spiritually, etc.)
15. Family is so important. I'm very family-oriented and always will be.
14. Being positive and taking time to think of all you have to be thankful for can really change your perspective. That's why I just love Thursdays! :)
13. No person knows everything. So it's important to keep the attitude of a life-long learner. You will grow and mature and be amazed at what you can learn and achieve!
12. Good things come to those who wait. Patience pays off!
11. Sometimes things don't work out. This doesn't mean give up, it means that there is something else out there for you.
10. I always wondered why people had a hard time understanding/relating to me...finding out I'm a INFJ helped to make some sense of that.
9. My love of animals is HUGE. The other day I was watching a fluffy caterpillar, when out of nowhere a robin swooped in and nabbed him. I know that the robin had to eat, but it still made me feel sad. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't grew up on a farm and become accustomed to that lifestyle, I would be a vegetarian.
8. One of my biggest weaknesses is lack of discipline. I'm finally getting somewhere with all of that and learning how to be more disciplined.
7. Drama is for high school. It does nothing to better anyone or anything. We've all been involved with it some time or another and I don't know many people that would say that it was worth it. It's something that I stir clear of.
6. I love, love, love finding nifty recipes, shortcuts, and substitutes for cooking and baking.
5. Pinterest was made for people like me.
4. I'm so glad I started letter writing. It has been so enjoyable. :)
3. I love being married to my best friend. It's the best! I truly believe that you should never settle. I would rather be single than in a loveless marriage, where neither person felt fulfilled.
2. I'm truly blessed with amazing family and friends. I'm thankful for the great support system in my life.
1. I still have a lot to learn.
***Today also marks 30 weeks for my pregnancy! Be sure to check back later this week for my regular update post.***