I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Ours was pretty nice!
Friday: John found out he had some vacation hours that would expire from last year, so he was able to take the day off. We spend much of the day just relaxing around the house. That evening we went to Lowes Foods and picked up subs from the daily, chips, and toppings for ice cream sundaes. We watched Iron Man 2, which was pretty disappointing to me. I thought the first one was much better. We then watched various tv shows and ended the night playing Mario Party 8. Overall, it was a pretty perfect evening.
Saturday: I'm finally caught up on the household chores. (For the most part, there is always something to do. lol) John's cousin got us free tickets to The Biltmore House, so we will be visiting there very soon. So excited! That evening, we were happy to have a visit with our friends, Jonathan and Regina Stafford. It was so great enjoying dinner and cookies and catching each other up on life. Looking forward to all the fun plans for the future. :)
|The Staffords :)|
My sweet blog friend Heather tagged me in this fun game. So now it's my turn to share. :)
The rules for tagging:
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
1. I'm a true foodie. I love to cook and especially bake.
2. I'm currently working on reading 50 books this year.
3. I seriously love Pinterest. My goal this year is to actually complete more of my projects on there.
4. I also hope to watch more classic Hollywood films this year.
5. I have strong opinions about things, but don't find it necessary to make everyone know them all the time.
6. I love sites like: http://ragtradervintage.com/ , http://www.modcloth.com/, and http://www.shabbyapple.com/
7. I seriously miss everything about the 90's.
8. I'm planning on doing my Christmas shopping in Mount Airy, NC. They have the cutest little shops!
9. I'm a very structured and planned person. My planner contains my life.
10. I love British humor. ( The IT Crowd, Keeping up Appearances, Black Adder, Mr. Bean) They all make me happy.
11. When I was a teenager, I found myself desperately trying to fit in. Now I find myself, going against the grain more.
1. Who was your first crush?
A guy in my kindergarten class, I think his name was Dustin. My first celebrity crush was Andrew Keegan.
2. Where do you see yourself in five years? Be honest.
I hope that I can get my blog monetized and that I will be a successful Scentsy consultant. (I may get back into Medical Transcription, not sure yet.) All of this in mind, my greatest job will be being a mother and I hope to home school my children. I also hope to be involved in a church and happier in my spiritual life.
3. If you could travel to one country for a week, where would you go, and where would you want to stay?
Ireland...no question! It would be amazing to stay in a castle..but I would just be so ecstatic and happy to be there...I wouldn't care!
4. When are you happiest?
When I'm spending time with my wonderful husband. <3
5. When was the last time you cried?
This morning, couldn't sleep and watched a movie that made me cry pretty hard.
6. Mountains or Beach?
I love both, but Mountains!
7. If you had unlimited money, which store would you visit first?
Barnes and Nobles---any book store!
8. What is your favorite quote or verse?
I have a lot of those, but here's one I would like to share.
“For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries or the way she combs her hair.
The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. " -Audrey Hepburn
9. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, which would you choose?
I really want to sew!
10. If you could have any zoo animal as a pet, which would you choose?
Hmmmm...probably a small monkey or a cute penguin.
11. At your current stage of life, what is your ideal date?
I'm not too picky, I just love spending time with my husband. :)
And I'm tagging these friends:
Victoria @ Life and Three Boys
Cami @ First Day of my Life
Melody @ Melody-mae
Katherine @ Irish Italian Blessings
Robyn @ http://burkemissiontravels.blogspot.com/
Daphne @ http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com/
Susan @ http://onlythemanager.blogspot.com/
Lesley @ http://sofabulouslyflawed.blogspot.com/
Elle @ http://ellesees.blogspot.com/
Katie @ http://mommywithselectivememory.blogspot.com/
Heather @ http://hmmargazi.blogspot.com/
Please follow the rules and answer these questions:
1) What fictional character do you most identify with and why?
2) What is your first memory from childhood?
3) Where do you see yourself in five years? Be honest!
4) What would be your dream vacation?
5) What is your favorite point in history? (What catches your interest the best)
6) Glass half-empty or Glass half-full?
7) What is your favorite quote or verse?
8) Do you have a tv show or movie that you consider a guilty pleasure?
9) What is one family tradition that is very special to you?
10) What is the most uncharacteristic thing you've ever done?
11) What is your favorite comic strip from your local Sunday paper?