Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Roundup!

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a great weekend. Ours was very busy!

Friday: We spent the evening on the road to VA. Thankfully, John got off a little early, so we got an earlier start. The trip up was pretty nice. We got to talk and made more stops than usual. Sophie did very well. We got to VA around 11:30 pm. This was earlier than we expected...so we were happy! My father-in-law and step mother in-law greeted us and helped us unpack the car. I was pretty pleased with my packing this time around...I'm working on packing lighter, but always having the essentials. I think I did pretty well!







Saturday: Our super busy day! We woke early and ate a delicious breakfast. We drove thorough some of the festivals and just enjoyed the scenery. We then returned home, John and his dad did some outdoor work. Lynell and I worked on lunch and enjoyed talking with one another and catching up on things. We had a quick lunch and then my nephew arrived. John and I were very excited to meet him! We were a little worried that he would be very fussy. (The doctor said he is having trouble with his esophagus, it's not growing fast enough. They have given him meds and are hoping that will work and will be able to avoid surgery.) Oron was in a very good mood though. He was grinning and playing with his fingers...his new fascination. He is such a precious boy! He stole my heart once again! We got a few pictures and then we had to get ready to head to Martinsville, for the Battle of Martinsville. John participated in a re-enactment with his dad. It was so wonderful to see them doing this together and it was the perfect weekend to do it! It was my first experience with anything like that, but I really enjoyed it. Mark invited us to come back up early October for a whole weekend event. I'm super excited, especially since I'll get to dress up next time. ;) After the battle, the guys changed clothes and we went to a restaurant for dinner. Joan (my mother-in-law) met us there. We enjoyed a nice dinner, chatted, and shared the pictures from the day. Lynell then needed to stop by Walmart to pick up some things for the next day. So we went there and made copies of all the pictures---a set for us, Mark and Lynell, and Joan. It was a long day, but very enjoyable! :)




Sunday: We attended Mark and Lynell's church. This is the church that John attended most of his life. He was glad to visit with his church family and catch up with people. It was also great to see Lynell teach Sunday School and his grandmother sing. After church we had a HUGE, amazing lunch and talked. (John had already given Mark his Father's Day gift earlier...he couldn't wait until Father's Day. We got Mark a tackle box, some fishing lures, and a mag lite. I think the mag lite was his favorite.) We then packed the car and had to be on our way. We had such a wonderful time, I can't wait to return in October! :)

So that was our weekend. How was yours?

<3 Anna

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely post recapping your wonderful weekend. I felt like I was there! :)
    Great photos and a great family.
    We had such a fun filled weekend as well.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!