Monday, March 8, 2010

Thoughts on learning

This past weekend was wonderful. John's dad and step mother came down and we enjoyed a weekend full of talking, eating, and just enjoying time together. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was going to Jackson Street Books. I love this book store and sadly, as much as I love it...we don't get over there too often. I'm hoping this will change once I graduate in June.

The thing is I have sooo many things I want to learn about...so many things that I feel like I would love to get a better grasp on. This is one of my goals in life, to be a life-long learner. Yeah, I know I'm a nerd and a book worm, but I'm proud of it;)

It was amazing for me to be in this book store and go through the rows and rows of books and realize how deeply I wanted to learn about them all. I guess that's been a sort of mixed blessing in my life, I've always had a wide range of interests and often have trouble choosing just one. The good thing about this---if you ignore how that interferes with what you may want to do with your life, is that once I'm finished with school I can grab whatever book I want on whatever topic I want and learn. I hope that once this happens, I'll feel more like I'm learning something useful and interesting to me and less like I'm wasting my time or learning very little. So anyway, I could probably write more on this, but my allergies are being a major pain today...so I'll end here.

Feel free to comment and if you have any particular interest you would like to share, please do so:)

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy learning about psychology and video games. if i can grab a book on it i will read it. maybe there is some way to combine those interests. good post by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you could study how video games effect a person's personality or something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!