Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Musings!

Hey all,

 I'm excited about the response to my first installment of Monday Musings! So it's good to be back and have something to be excited about on Monday. ;)

 * First off, I'm really excited about Scentsy Fragrance's new fall/winter catalog! Fall is my favorite time of year and I can't wait to share with you all about it. :)



 * John and I had a wonderful anniversary/b-day celebration. I forgot to take pictures...BUT we enjoyed a nice meal at Olive Garden, we had the best waiter ever! I have to brag on him, because I know these experiences can be few and far between! We then went home and watched The Vow and The Help. The Vow wasn't what I expected, but I enjoyed it. I think the biggest flaw may have been a lack of chemistry between Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum. I'm not sure, I can't really pinpoint what was off. The Help was wonderful! I absolutely loved it! I really want to read the book now more than ever! :)



 * John and I recently signed up for The Design Class at our church. I'm really excited about it. We got our assessments for the class, so we will have a little homework to do before next Saturday. The point of the class is to help each person discover what their spiritual gifts are and what volunteer position at the church would best fit each person. I'm looking forward to learning more about myself and finding out what position would best fit me. :)

 * Besides volunteering at the church I would like to get involved with something in the community. I'm just unsure of what direction to go in, unfortunately, in the past some of the things I've tried to get involved with have fallen through, but this is something that is on my heart and I know I need to start praying about it. I also know that I'm going to need time to adjust to being a new mommy and Declan and I getting used to one another..lol.

 * I have had baby on the brain lately. I'm trying to get everything ready for his arrival and some days it can be quite overwhelming! My to-do list is quite full and the big day is approaching quickly. I just have to remind myself that I likely won't have everything done, but to just get the essentials done, such as packing my hospital bag and John installing the car seat. I'm just so excited and scared all at once for his arrival! God has given me such a love for this little boy and I want so desperately to be a good mother. I know with God's help, I can do this. I also have to say that I'm very thankful for all the sweet blog mom's out there that have reached out to me and welcomed me to the club. ;)



 * Another thing that is weighing heavily on my mind is November. November is the month that our lease is up. John and I have decided to move. We had originally hoped to stay in the apartment complex and just switch apartments, but this plan fell through because our complex is very popular and there are rarely openings, also John and I really want something closer to John's work. So back to the drawing board. Now we are trying to decide whether to buy or rent. We are hoping to find something really close to John's job, 2-3 bedrooms, a yard, and a basement is a major plus! (Also within our price range, of course;) So please keep us in your thoughts and prayers about this. This is a big decision and we want to do what is best for our family.



 So what is on your heart today? Any prayer requests? Feel free to share whatever is on your mind. This is a safe place. :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember those hefty to do lists but yes prioritize them and don't worry about what you don't get done. Hospital bags are key. My son was born the day after we made our bag at 37 weeks! Don't delay it!
    The move will be tough with a new baby but I am sure it will all be just fine at the end. :)
    Good luck to you.
    Daphne.

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!