Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Virtual Coffee

Good evening!

Isn't this cute?!
My posts are now done in the evening because of hubby's schedule, so I thought I would write accordingly. ;)  

I'm currently sipping on V8 Splash Berry blend and watching tonight's episode of Glee! 



The weather has been unseasonably warm and January has passed as quickly as it arrived. The warm weather is okay, but I moved to NC in hopes that it would be cooler and I would get some snow, every now and then. I hope that we get some chill in the air sometime soon. *crosses fingers*

I just finished reading a book that left me pretty annoyed. I enjoy reading young adult fiction and this was great up until the end. The book was Red Riding Hood by Sarah Blakly-Cartwright and David Leslie Johnson, I say that to be sure that you all know what book I'm referring to and not to be disrespectful. If you are thinking about reading this book, then just skip down from this paragraph. 



Anyway, a quick summary of the book:

This book follows Valerie, a girl in a small village, that has been tormented by a wolf. Each blood moon, the wolf takes another life. One horrible night, Valerie's sister falls victim. Throughout the entire book, Valerie mourns the death of her sister and deals with severe prejudice and judgement, it is later believed she is a witch because she has the ability to talk with the wolf. The book ends with Valerie discovering that the young man she loves is the wolf. Despite killing her sister, she decides she wants to share her life with him and even become a wolf if that's what it takes. REALLY?! I don't know how you guys feel reading this...BUT I felt incredibly frustrated with this ending.  What message is this sending preteen and teen girls that are reading this? "It's like dude I know you killed my sister, but I love you and I want to runaway with you and have wolf babies and live happily ever after." AGH! I know this is a work of fiction...but the books girls are reading nowadays...*facepalm* Steps off soap box.

I'm currently reading The Hunger Games. (So far so good. lol)

I had a doctor's visit today and left with a clean bill of health. Praise the Lord! :) (Always!)

John has been very busy with work. He worked all weekend and has gone straight through this week. We are so thankful for the hours, but also glad he has this weekend off. :) Those hours will really help repairing our car that has been having some issues. :/

Besides a wonderful weekend to look forward to, our calendar is filling up pretty fast with plans with family and friends. I feel very blessed to have so many people that care about me. 

I also appreciate all the sweet comments you guys take the time to share with me. They mean more to me than you know. <3

Well that's all for this week's coffee date. It's been fun catching you all up on my world. :)

<3 Anna

2 comments:

  1. this must be the book on which the recent(ish) film was made... my daughter chose the dvd to watch on her 14th birthday just after xmas... i confess, we really enjoyed the movie (brilliant cast, great cinematography), but oh, the ending!! Sheesh!! Mind you, it did give us a great starting point for discussion... and i'm with you - running off into the sunset is NOT the be all and end all!!
    great post and lovely coffee chat - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute monkey in the coffee!!
    V8 Splash is my favorite!! :)
    AMEN for clean bill of health :) YAY
    Hunger Games...you'll be done by tomorrow ;)

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!