Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year Thoughts

Hey everyone,

I'm finally ready for this post! I would like to begin by saying that I have some very creative and thoughtful blog friends. You guys have some amazing goals and thoughts for the new year. You really got me thinking about what I would like to do this year.

Before I share with you these goals and thoughts, I would like to talk about what usually happens when I have a resolution. My biggest issue: I get sold on the idea. I get so excited, I have the best of intentions! I dive right in. It is then, that I realize that I'm in over my head. I revert back to old tendencies and I feel like a big fat failure.

So I made a vow to myself that this year would be different. It took a horrible day, Tuesday, for me to realize...I was repeating past mistakes. I had dove in once again and was miserable! So the goal I was working toward got edited a bit and I'm much happier now.

So what are my goals for the new year? (In no particular order)

1. I want to find a church home and meet new people.

2. I want to feel better about myself and be healthy. (This was the goal I had to adjust. I'm proud to say I'm eating more veggies than I can remember ever eating, I've cut down on sugar, and bread has been removed from my diet.)

3. I want to read 50 books this year. Last year, my goal of 60 was too high. So I have set the bar a little lower this time.

4. Unplug. (When my husband is home, I don't want to be on the computer, phone, etc. unless he is doing his own thing.)

5. I want to be more dedicated to praying and reading God's word.

So those are my goals for the new year. I'm pretty excited about them, but remembering to keep my cool and don't dive in head first.

<3 Anna

1 comment:

  1. I need to get closer to God, too, Anna. It's definitely a constant battle. But we can do it and WE WILL :)

    <3-Cami from First Day of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!