Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas: Part 1 The Georgia Crew

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. I don't know about you, but I'm super excited for this new year! (More on that later) Right now I need to catch you all up on our Christmas fun. :)

Me and my love


My youngest sister, Jessica!


Sophie, a cute present!


My sister, Brandi!


Our little family...hugs!


My sister, Kayla!


Jessica and Derrian goofing off. :)


December 16: My mom, sisters (Brandi, Kayla, and Jessica), and Jessica's boyfriend, Derrian, came up for Christmas. I had spent much of the day cooking and getting our home ready. I was so excited for them to see our new place in person! They arrived that evening and we enjoyed tons of finger and snack foods. Then it was present time! ;) I love watching the expression on a person's face when they open a gift from us...warm fuzzies and all!

I got:

Some great pjs and an extra pair of pj bottoms (Seriously, needed these because I live in pj bottoms!)

An adorable owl ring...as you can tell from my layout, I'm currently obsessed with owls!

A candle cover with an owl on it! ;)

A Winter Night candle, which smells heavenly...gotta love good smelling candles right?!

Season 6 of Boy Meets World

Marmaduke and Shrek

and various stocking goodies!

John got:

funny t-shirt

pj bottoms

cloth tool box (He desperately needed it!)

and various stocking goodies

My grandma also sent us a food processor and a gift card to O'Charleys! Yay!

I think Santa (my mom and sisters;) were good to us this year! As I mentioned before, I love seeing people open presents from us, I was especially excited about seeing Derrian open his gift. We weren't sure how everyone was exchanging gifts and I wanted to be sure he had something to open too. So I got him a box of Turtle chocolates. This was especially funny since we have a sort-of inside joke about turtles.

After the Christmas presents, we all loaded up into my mom's van and looked at various Christmas lights in our area. It was super fun, jamming to music and joking with Derrian and Jessica. (We read Your mama jokes and cheesy pickup lines on Derrian's new phone...lol) We did have a few moments of quiet during the lights, and I don't know why but looking at Christmas lights in the quiet reminds me of the true spirit of Christmas. It makes me very reflective. Do any of you feel this way?

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone around about them; and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, "Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. " Luke 2:10-12

December 17: We had a big festive dinner and a relaxing day in (playing Mario Party 8). We enjoyed ham,stuffing, dressing, macaroni and cheese, green beans, pineapple casserole, etc. Plus various desserts. (Stuffed just thinking about it!) We ended the day watching Marmaduke, a very cute movie, if you haven't seen it, you should and great for the kiddos!



December 18: We had a breakfast casserole for breakfast and took Sophie to the nearby park. Jessica and John threw the ball and frisbee for Sophie to fetch. I think everyone enjoyed watching our crazy dog use up some of that energy! It was then time for everyone to pack up and head back home. It was a wonderful visit and we can't wait to see them all again (hopefully, sooner rather than later!)

<3 Anna

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post. Love the family holiday photos. You guys look so happy.
    Congrats on the cool gifts.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!