Friday, April 1, 2011

No Sleep and saying No

Hey everyone,


****big yawn**** I'm so tired. I haven't slept well this entire week. I thought it was because of some big decisions that needed to be discussed, but we talked about those and came to some conclusions. I still did not sleep well last night. I was finally able to sleep for an hour or so on the couch. I hope this isn't a sign that we need a new mattress. Ours is pretty old, but we really aren't in a place to be buying a new mattress right now. :/




During our discussion last night, I realized that the older I get the less I can put up with certain behaviors in other people. This goes with the sleeping thing, because I've pretty much realized that I have little to no patience right now. I don't really know when this happened. It just did. People get mad at me over various things, and instead of apologizing profusely...I either apologize once or not at all. It's like some where over time I realized that I can't please everyone and sometimes I have to make the best decision for me and my family. This is not to say that I don't do things I wish not to do or that I stomp all over other people's dreams. It's that I don't let others treat me like a door mat any more. It feels great to think for myself more and to realize that I don't need to make those people happy to feel good. 9 times out of 10, when their happy, I'm miserable.




I don't really know where I was going with all that. It's just what's on my mind at this moment. My brain is still pretty fuzzy from lack of sleep and lack of coffee. I'm going to go fix the latter now. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Feel free (as always) to leave me your thoughts. Do we need to get a new mattress?;) or a much more fun topic, your thoughts on people pleasing? When do you say no?

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?

I think it's pretty cool how this question goes with what I'm thinking about. Awhile back I would have probably gotten really quiet and not said anything. Now I feel more confident that I would defend my friend.

<3 Anna

5 comments:

  1. I'm afraid that I would really have to stop them, and stick up for my friend. If you can't stick up for your friends, then what is the point of anything? Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely speak up and defend my friend. In fact, I have done this already in my life! One of the benefits of being in my forties is that I long ago decided I do not care what people think when I speak my mind and do what I think is best for me and mine. Life experience is compensation for the wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a story to tell, we had a man come to visit at our house and when I told him where I worked he said Oh well I told them along time ago they needed to get rid of Karlene -that is when I stopped him and said "you might want to stop Karlene is my mother" You should have seen the look on his face!! So, yup I would stop them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try and let people know I'm not interested in that type of gossip. That usually does the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I'm so glad that now I can say that I would do the right thing. I struggled for a long time with being painfully shy and people pleasing. I'm very happy that it's not as much an issue anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear and leave a comment.

They make me smile!